Art + Science = #BeautifulWorld
I am a constant analyzer, a logical problem solver, a geek, a nerd, a curious explorer, of all things. My professional work centers around analysis driven decision making guided by optimization and finding win-win situations for everyone. I like challenges, and in the US today, healthcare is one of the biggest and I spend my time, trying to figure out how to improve it and enjoying my time doing that. I believe in the pursuit of knowledge, of science, of understanding how this beautiful world works, and to understand it, you have to see it.
I am originally from India but after having spent a considerable part of my childhood in Jamaica, my college years in India and Pennsylvania and my professional life in Chicago, I consider myself a Jamerdian. I can’t call a specific place home, but that in turn has made me realize that every part of this world is indeed beautiful.
That led me to creating the brand #BeautifulWorld. I have always had a creative side, blogging from the first days of the internet, running college newspapers, writing opinion columns, and over the last 15 years, pursuing photography.
Telling Travel Stories through Pictures. My aim is to showcase the beautiful world, make people want to travel, to explore and see for themselves the diversity, the uniqueness and yet, the commonality between it all. My galleries are travel journals of cities, of parks, of natural wonders and cultural and human accomplishments.
I am hoping that the end of each gallery, a viewer is left with one feeling; “I want to go to there!” Thanks Tina Fey for the inspiration.
Photography: Awards, Publications and Exhibitions
- Month long exhibition of photographs from Asia and the rest of the Beautiful World at the Palatine Public Library, IL. May 2017 http://www.palatinelibrary.org/news/art-in-may-2
- A-Z Series of Incredible India published in Pbase Magazine https://karthikraja.blog/2017/01/07/incredible-india-a-to-z/
- First Place award. Photo featured in back cover of Tamil Sangam Magazine, Chicago, IL
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Fujifilm X100f
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 40D
- Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel
- Sigma 150 – 600 mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM IC
- Canon EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM
- Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Zoom Lens
- Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Canon 50mm f1.8 IS
- Canon 40mm EF f/2.8 STM Lens
- Rokinon 24mm f/2.8
- Canon Speedlite 430EX
Links to web properties